It's hard to believe that this little party -- with some 10,000 revelers for the first round in June -- has been going on for 10 years. Where on earth did the time go?
Yes, this is the event of the summer season. Yes, it's gobs of fun. Yes, there will be no general admission tickets sold at the door. Yes, it always sells out -- that's why everyone buys their tickets as early as possible. Yes, it's probably sold out already (and has been for weeks) but you should probably check here.
The Hot Five:
Jesse Gelber, piano
Noah Jackson, double bass
Charles Goold, drums
Alvin Walker, trombone
Seneca Black, trumpet
See you on the Island!
- Carole Amper/Toucan Hats
- Goorin Bros
- Wildfell Hall Vintage
- Grumpy Angel Designs
- The Original Prohibition Clothing Company
- Dave's Vintage
- Zelda Magazine
- Dora Marra for Headdress NY
- Noble Savage Vintage
- Mary Jane Lane
- Dazzle Me!
- Art Deco Society of New York
- Café Dreamland and Lounge – (available to “Bee’s Knees” and “Bonnie and Clyde” package holders)
- Coco & Co – Fresh, young coconuts!!!
- Daly Pies – including: Chocolate Guinness, Honey Custard, Salty Lime, Spiced Plum, & Caramel Peach pies by the slice, and a Pie/Sundae Collaboration w/ Ice and Vice – (available to VIP ticket-holders only )
- Empanada Lady – A taste of old Havana! - Vegetarian, Chicken, and Beef Empanadas
- Empire Biscuits – Savory and Sweet Southern-Style Biscuit Sandwiches
- Fire Belly BBQ – The Orient comes to Governors Island! - Korean Barbecue Tacos, Korean Barbecue Burritos, Bibimbap Rice Bowls, Korean Barbecue Nachos
- Ice & Vice – featuring: “Milk Money” (Toasted Milk Ice Cream w/ Sea Salt Chocolate Ganache), Love & Hate (Root Beer Ice Cream w/ Ginger Molasses Soil – wowsers!), Mahjong (Jasmine Tea & White Peach Sorbet), Reverse Root Beer Float (Vanilla Soda w/ Love & Hate Ice Cream) – (available to VIP ticket-holders only )
- Lobster Joint – New England Lobster Rolls, Lobster Club Rolls, Lobster Sliders, Chips, Coleslaw, Gazpacho
- Local 215 – Hearty crowd pleasers including: Mac & Cheese, Pork Fritters, Meatballs and more.
- Perfect Picnic – “Classic Picnic“ - (2 Meats, 2 Cheeses, 2 Waters, Marinated Olives, Jam, 2 Cookies or Caramels, Plates, Cutlery, and complimentary tote) OR “American Picnic” (Water, 2 Baquettini Sandwiches [Goat Cheese & Fig Jam, Serrano Ham & Chives, Salami Cheddar & Arugula, Turkey, Cheddar & Arugula, Cheddar & Chutney, or Smoked Duck with Cherry Jam and Arugula], Small Bag of Chips & a Cookie in a complimentary tote)
- The Vintage Ice Cream Guys – Line up at the truck, just like when you were a kid! Good Humor Ice Cream Bars and Snow Cones – just don’t get tongue freeze!
- Queen Esther and Her Hot Five
- Tamar Korn
- Molly Ryan
- Gelber & Manning